Sometimes we need to take a step back and look at what's going on around our children to understand what's going on inside our children. Bullying, divorce, learning disabilities, foster care, mental illness, serious medical issues temperament etc. – These are normal influencers of behavior, but they often cause more intense responses, can be confusing to deal with, and might leave children (AND parents) needing more support.
A new class, “Parenting Through Hard Times” will help us learn to step back and assess our children’s environment to understand how it affects them behaviorally. You'll be able to see the why, not just the how. Learn to address the environment in love and grace, how to use supports and what it takes to foster change.
We will cover:
· The definition of childhood trauma
· The effects of trauma on development
· The effects of trauma on perception
· The long term effects of trauma
· How to help a traumatized child
· Secondary trauma
· The spiritual effects of trauma